Thursday, March 31, 2011
Hello to you!
I wrote this post because I'm bored here in our house. Kidding! I just want to share to all of you my experience being a 1st year student of UST. =)
I can name 50 of them.
1. Pag first time mo sa UST, ay pag nadaan ka ng Main Building. 'Wag na 'wag kang mag s-sign of the cross. Hindi ito Church.
2.After ng Thomasian Welcome Walk niyo. Do not attempt to enter the Arch of the Centuries hangga't 'di ka pa guma-graduate. Mabuti ng nakakasigurado.
3. Marami kang pagpipiliang food establishments both inside and outside the campus.
4. Pag dumating ang oras na bumaha sa UST. 'Wag na 'wag kang tatawa o matutuwa o LUMUSONG manlang sa tubig baha. Makakasabay mo sila kaibigang ipis at daga.
5. 'Wag na 'wag mag-iiwan ng payong sa kung saan-saan, agawan ng payong everyday sa UST lalo na pag tag-ulan.
6. Masarap mag mass sa UST Chapel every sunday kahit taga-Navotas ka. Kahit malayo, sulit naman dahil malamig at tahimik habang nag mimisa. Pwede pa umupo sa 2nd floor.
7. Kapag manunuod ka ng UAAP Cheerdance Competition, 'wag kang bibili ng Gen Ad. Upper Box to Patron ang bilin mo. Trust me, hindi ka makakagalaw pag nasa Gen Ad. ka.
8. Masarap sumabay sa cheers ng Yellow Jackets at fellow Thomasians lalo na kung ang chin-chant ay ang "GO USTe!" staple cheer.
9. Kapag medyo kalayuan ang bahay mo sa UST at uwian ka. GOOD LUCK. =)
10. Mababaet ang lahat ng Thomasians, pero piliin mo ang mas mababaet na grupo.
11. Sumali sa mga organizations, student councils, clubs at groups ng UST wether major or minor unit lang. Mas marami kang magiging friends at lalago ka pa ng sobra.
12. Kapag may Quiz, 'wag na 'wag kalimutang mag-review. Ikaw ang kawawa kapag hindi nag aral.
13. Kung mapagbigay ka masyado at nagkataong may nanlimos sayo at gusto mo siyang bigyan, 'wag kang magbibigay ng ma-karneng pagkaen. Hindi sila choosy, mga Badjao sila.
14. Ang Faculty of Engineering ng UST ay sikat na sikat sa buong campus dahil ito ay may bansag na "Summer Capital ng UST".
15. Dahil sa kamanghaan mo sa UST, hindi mo na kakailanganin pang gumala pa sa malalayong lugar dahil masarap ng tambayan ang UST mismo.
16. Magsaya ka sa A.Y. 2010-2011 dahil ito ang taon kung kailan binuksan na ng tuluyan sa publiko ang Facebook.
17. Weirdo ang UST. Before i-lift ang pagiging banned ng Facebook. Pwede kang maka-access sa Tumblr, Twitter at iba pang social networking sites.
18. Kapag may privelege ka ng pumili ng sarili mong PE class. 'Wag kang pumili ng tanghale-pahapon na schedule. Iitim ka ng tuluyan.
19. Ang mga estudyante daw sa AB ay mga LIBERAL? Totoo kaya?
20. Ang mga Accountancy students ay palaging may baong tumbler o kung anu mang lalagyan ng maiinom dahil wala na silang time na bumili sa ibaba mismo nila.
21. Kapag may nakita kang taga CFAD o taga ARKI na naka itim na jacket. I-expect mo na D&G ito dahil mga RK sila.
22. Kung Swimming ang class mo, 'wag kang pumili ng schedule sa gitna ng linggo. Iba kasi ang kulay ng pool sa mga ganong araw.
23. Kapag nag che-Chemistry Lab class na kayo. 'Wag na 'wag mong sisinghutin ang Ammonia, maluluha ka.
24. Kapag nag su-summer class ka na sa eng'g at may nagtanong sayo na taga sa inyo o mga friends mo at tinanong nila kung bakita ka nagsu-summer class. Ang sabihin mo na lang ay "advance classes ang kinukuha ko"
25. Ang Bananarama ng MANG TOOTZ ang pinakamasarap na dessert sa balat ng UST campus.
26. Nai-Cha naman ng Zentea ang pinakamasarap na inumin.
27. Kapag loner ka pa. Pretend na lang that you're reading something inside UST Library.
28. Magbaon ka ng maraming newspaper sa paskuhan.
29. Kapag paskuhan at may pa-raffle, bumili ka ng mga 100 entries para mataas ang chances mo to win cool gadgets. more than 45 laptops ang ipinamigay noong paskuhan '10
30. Nagkaka traffic daw ang Globe habang paskuhan dahil sa sobrang dami ng tao.
31. Kapag fireworks display (paskuhan) na. Isigaw mo sa bawat pumuputok na firecracker na "OY! TUITION FEE KO YUNG PULA!"
32. FOOD FOR THE GODS ni ATE YEMA ang patok sa lahat ng tomasino. FTW!
33. Masarap magdasal sa UST Chapel lalo na pag nagkataong kakatapos lang ng misa. Malamig parin.
34. Nakakapayat daw ang maglakad-lakad sa loob ng UST.
35. Susundan mo ang prof mong nag-jjogging sa UST tuwing gabi dahil sa pagtataka kung bakit siya nagjjogging dun at kung bakit gabi pa.
36. Kapag college week sa UST, asahan ng walang pasok. Pero asahan din na maghahabol kayo sa klase.
37. Okay lang na maghugas sa recycled water. Pero 'wag mong aamuyin dahil mapanghe daw ito. (hindi ko pa nattry)
38. Marami kang makikitang Lovers sa Lover's Lane.
39. 'Wag malilito sa Fountain of Wisdom sa Fountain of Knowledge.
40. Mahirap umabsent dahil ikaw ang bahalang maghabol sa mga lessons.
So dahil isa akong Engineering student, I'll dedicate the last 10 to Eng'g
41. 'Wag ka ng sumuway sa rules ng eng'g kundi palagi kang makikipag habulan sa Asst. Dean.
42. Napaka RANDOM ang pag-uga ng buong Eng'g Building
43. 'Wag kang tatambay sa corridors ng eng'g dahil tatagaktak ang pawis mo. SWEAR.
44. ME ang pinaka jolly at pinaka maingay na department sa buong Eng'g. Masasaksihan mo yan tuwing Faculty Showdown, TSIETP at
45. Kapag nalaman mong mag su-summer ka. WAG kang malungkot dahil hindi lang kayo lilima o sasampu. Maaaring Sampung Blocks kayo or more.
46. Kapag nalaman mo din na mag su-summer ka. WAG kang malungkot dahil kapag hindi mo naranasang mag summer. Hindi mo maf-feel ang Essence ng pagiging student ng Faculty of Eng'g.
47. Malaki ang tulong ng ESC at iba pang student organizations around eng'g patungkol sa mga announcements ng Dean at iba pang school officials.
48. Kapag malapit ng mag lights off sa eng'g. 'Wag ka ng mag-stay pa. Marami ka daw maririnig na ingay at bulong.
49. Magdasal palagi before and after taking the exams. Hindi mo alam kung ano ang kahihinatnan noon.
50. Sa mga major exams sa eng'g (Prelims at Finals). Hindi lang PUSO ang ginagamit. pati ang UTAK ay MAHALAGA ay mahalaga at mas kapakipakinabang.
Agree mga friends? =) UST @ 400. 400 years of unending grace. Go! USTe! =)
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Hello to you!
Well we have here a blogpost that intends to review men's cool and hot hairstyles for the year 2011!ü
So as we all know that each and everyday, new hairstyles are coming out because of the unending curiosity and creativity of our very own hairstylist . And some of them became a popular trend for some instance especially when they are worn by famous celebrities until the time that it became a fashion norm for all of us. Take a look at some of 2011 featured hairstyle, how to get them and how to keep them cool and clean and everything in between. =)
Well yeah! side-swept hairs never and will never get out of date . =) They are in fact a standard when you want your hair to grow in a medium length and too lazy to style it the way you want.ü Here's Zac Efron and Chace Crawford to show you what side-swept bangs looks like:
2.) Faux Hawk
Another hairstyle that condems all the other hairstyles that we are wearing. =) Faux Hawk or Fohawk gives you a smooth finish like kind of spikey feeling but it is not. =)) Fohawk hairstyles do look good especially when the side areas of the hair are trimmed or almost-shaved. =)) Joe Jonas and David Beckham wears it.
3.) Caesar Hairstyle
As by the name says, it is supposed to be a Roman haircut. It is called so because Julius Caesar, a Roman General once had this kind of hairstyle (we can see it obviously through several statues and paintings). It is very simple that it can almost fit into anything, you can also try make your hair to many different looks. George Clooney use this haircut.
4.) Mohawk Hairstyle
A subgenre of the Fohawk Hairstyle.ü Mohawk hairstyles comes with variety of looks, mostly of them is that, the side areas of the hair are taken of whereas the topmost part of the hair only remain. =) If you want to get the attention of other people, it is just easy because of the appearance of your hair. =)) It may vary also to the length of your hair, when the top part of your hair is longer, it can be considered as a punk type of mohawk. =) Mark Salling wears it.
5.) Asian Hair
Yeah! my favorite type of hairstyle. I wear them eversince I entered highschool. =)) There's a magic in this type of hairstyle where we, like dominate all the other hairstyles that exists here in our world. =)) Asian side-swept hairstyle can be medium or hard to manage but the results as we can say is that it looks sooo good and cool! Just use your wax do the moves! =)) Asians are the only ones who can do thiiissss! haha! =)
6.) Gothic Hairstyle
This kind of hairstyle are for the rockers who loves to rock n' roll all the time. =)) I know little about this kind of stuff. Let Adam Lambert explain it to you. =))
Here are some of the hairstyles I can define no more. Regardless of the hair length.
Having such hairstyles like these is also a way of expressing your personality, wether you're in a bad mood or not, wether you're a rocker or a lover. So
just choose freely! =))
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Hello to you!
Guys! it's your time to show some edge and to bring the hotness because it is a big YES! summer is officially here and we are already feeling the heat that Earth has made off. =))) So basically, many of you are thinking as well about spending lots of your time on beaches and other summer spots in and around your country. Well, I really wanna go to the Laiya Beach in Batangas.
But before anything else, we are obliged to prepare our things that we will bring up there. You are not in a hurry naman because you have all the time in this world to think what you will bring in the beach, most specially your clothes right? So here are some points in what to wear when going to the beach or wherever you want to go. =)))
i.) the Basics of course!
If you are going to the beach and you will wear a t-shirt, make it a V-NECK, YES, V-neck. =) do not be afraid to show your physique and let your body flatters everyone. I prefer deep V-necks to show your well-built chest and long neck. HAHA. =) You can wear tanktops too to show your big cuts but don't wear the hip-hop/ gangster ones because you will just give everyone the creeps. =)
just don't make pansin the pants. =)) focus on the top. courtesy of zara
ii.) Slim-fit Swim Trunks and Khaki shorts for bottoms
One of the essence of your purpose in the beach. =)) just don't wear your favorite jersey shorts or your board shorts, instead, wear a pair of shorts that will actually fits. Wear a slim-fit swim trunks that has a shorter cut that's like inches above the knee.
swim trunk from moschino
Another is that, the K-H-A-K-I Shorts. Oh yeah because there's a magic between the khaki, summer and the beach. You know what I mean. =)) It is just perfect to wear during summer and yeees, it will fit everything. Do not forget the cut or a roll to show your knee! =D
khaki shorts from thom browne
YEAH MEAN. Sunglasses! Summer is the time where the sun rises up so high that you can wear your favorite shades at daylight immediately. Wear Ray-Ban shades like Wayfarers, Aviators and Clubmasters and I promise you, you will be as hot like the men in the magazines. =))
aviator shades from Ray-Ban
Supposed that flip-flops are only used at home and sometimes, we use it na outdoors. But when it's summer, they are perfect in the beach and they are comfortable to wear as well. Show off your favorite rubber slippers for its clean and cool features. I will never make a dull day for you. =)
cool flip-flops from havaianas
v.) Casual Lightweight Shirts
One of the best and convenient top to wear, you can just unbutton your shirt regardless of the temperature and your choice too! just don't pick those shirts that are heavy-made.
navy blue button-down shirt
These are all my advice for you. =)) you can add them up naman if you want like adding accessories or hats or whatever but just be sure that you are plain and comfortable because you're going to a beach, not a party or whatever. Just be cool and everything will smile upon you. You'll never know that you might get a fling or meet the woman of your dreams. =))
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Hello! It's BRITNEY again, BITCH! =))
Guess who's back on the lime light? After 2 amazing years of production. It's Britney Spears again! Coming back with her 7th studio album entitled "Femme Fatale" (please be sossy when pronouncing the album, izz "fam fa'tal")! Brit announced the title of the album on February 2, 2011. She described Femme Fatale on her twitter account as "moody, edgy pop with a lot of energy" with "a few mid-tempos that could be considered ballads".
Femme Fatale is set to be released on March 29, 2011, primarily in a standard version and a deluxe version, which will feature four more additional tracks! Also stated that a premium fan edition will also be released, including a limited edition 32-page hardcover photo book, the deluxe edition CD with an exclusive artwork along with a 7" vinyl picture disc with "Hold It Against Me" and the full album digital download on the street date. The rest of the track follows:
1. Till The World Ends - 3:57
2. Hold It Against Me - 3:49
3. Inside Out - 3:38
4. I Wanna Go - 3:30
5. How I Roll - 3:36
6. (Drop Dead) Beautiful (Featuring Sabi) - 3:36
7. Seal It With A Kiss - 3:26
8. Big Fat Bass (Featuring will.i.am) - 4:44
9. Trouble For Me - 3:19
10. Trip To Your Heart - 3:33
11. Gasoline - 3:08
12. Criminal - 3:45
For the Deluxe Edition of the album, here are the 2 additional tracks
13. Up n' Down - 3:42
14. He About To Lose Me - 3:48
15. Selfish - 3:43
16 Don't Keep Me Waiting - 3:21
The songs inside her album are all Breath-taking and really, Drop Dead Beautiful. =)) The 1st lead single of her album was "Hold It Against Me". HIAM is 3:49 long. It is a dance-pop song that blends pulsating industial and trance beats with elements of grime, influenced with dubstep breakdown. T'was one of her coolest songs to date and her MV was one of the best as well (if you could interpret the MV more clearly, there's a sequence in it so watch and figure it out! Here's HIAM's MV.
The 2nd single for her album was entitled "Till the World Ends". TTWE is 3:58 long. A song written be KE$HA for Brit. It delivers an uptempo dance-pop and electropop song. Upon hearing the song, it has chant-like segments and heavy vocals in a redundant motion, we can know that from the start, it has a touch of KE$HA's. Here's the audio sample of the song while the MV for the song is under development. =))
Here's a sneek peek of her 32 page photobook courtesy of gimmeBRITNEY.com
The release of Brit's album here in the Philippines will be on the 29th of March in all music stores nationwide (sooo kewl because the Nokia E7 will be out in the market as well on the same day. So why don't you buy the album and the smartphone at the same time? haha!). So Watcha Watcha Waitin' For? =))
You can hear all the songs at gimmeBRITNEY.com as well. Let your voices be heard, choose the next single of brit by voting in to their site, please choose Seal It With A Kiss and Drop Dead Beautiful. haha! =))
HAVE FUN and BE PROUD because the PRINCESS OF POP is back! =))
Friday, March 25, 2011
Hello to you!
Business tycoons, fashionistas, gadget lovers and even you! Be driven by Nokia's newest member of their mobile phone to E7th POWER!
Nothing beats the excitement for the much anticipated event of the month. The media launch of Nokia E7, a smartphone perfectly designed for the business endeavors of our fellow friends in the business world. Having these words: "Success doesn't need a desk. Make it wherever you go. NOKIA E7. By analyzing those fathomable words, you can have the thinking of spending your time on the beach while communicating to your clients and all in between or even just correct the errors of your business proposals wether in Excel, Powerpoint or in Word immediately through this smartphone. Well, Let's start the show (in my blog. =D)
Jerome of Jamonline and I were invited to attend the media launch of Nokia E7 yesterday at the Makati Shangri-la. But actually, the morning before the event was the last day of our exams for this semester and thank goodness, it wasn't hard at all (evil laugh >:D). We headed immediately to Shang. When we arrived at the venue, we felt some awkward moment because we realized that we were the early birds of this event. But t'was still cool because we were the first ones to be introduced by this awesome phone aided by these beautiful and professional representatives. We are introduced too to the Nokia Philippines coolest executives like their communications manager and the like. The theme for the event was beachwear but I don't know why only few of the guest managed to keep in with the event's theme (of course sumunod kami sa dress code no. xD)
They also prepared a feast for all of the guest. We ate something like this. =))
Speaking of guests. Reknowned people from the different sectors of philippine fashion (Mega, Cosmopolitan), news (Manila Times and Manila Bulletin) and we, bloggers, attended as well to witness the unveiling of Nokia E7. As the show started. The man wearing the blue top took charge of endorsing the smartphone by enumerating its highlights and advantages which can persuade everyone to buy their newest product. =))
And ALAS! I got a chance as well to hold and navigate this cool stuff!
They also held a raffle game. =)) They gave away 5 awesome nokia phones (of course the number one prize is a GC to grab a Nokia E7 when it is out in the market). OKAY. Let's go to the main topic. Here is the specifications of this breath-taking smartphone. =))
The pre-ordering of the first 500 phones are already done because the deadline was on the 22nd. But don't worry because Nokia E7 will be out in the market soon (March 31).
Hope that this can be off use for you to choose your future mobile phones that the wonderful tech world has made off. =))
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Hello to you!
My aunt (dad's sister) and uncle, together with their cute children payed a visit to our residence pero last month pa to. xD The reason lang kasi why I posted this thing is because it suits me very well. Feeler padin ako when it comes to my age (16 pa lang kasi ako. SWEAR!ü).
I became a BABY SITTER for a day for my two young cousins SEAN CASTER and SHAYNE MARIE, and it was fun. =)) They came around 8am and whoala, the house was like may riot na happening inside. xD They are cute, bubbly and jolly kids! =)) They spokening dollars so challenged ako dun. =)) pero it's okay. I'm used to it na din (NAKS). Sean is currently studying at La Salle Greenhills and he's doing great these days.ü Shayne is attending school na rin. =)) Well, tita Mae, asked me to take care of my cousins while they made kwento with my nanay and others.
We played at our PAPAG (sorry for the term, dunno the right term ee. xD). It became the perfect venue for them, it served as their playground for the day. =)) Sean noticed that our house was just beside the river (navotas river), and he saw that the river was in color yellow/brown. =)) He said: "look kuya! A river of WEEWEE!" And I just laughed and replied: "And a river of POOPOO too!"Anyway. Sean and Shayne spent their time playing and picking leaves from mama's plants and riding the duyan all the time. They also made several paper boats which dubbed as "Little Titanics". =)) We commenced a boat race on whoever boat reaches CUBAO river will win. =)) I wonder where in the world their paper boats had reached na. =))
Picture of my cuuuuuute cousins. =))
A Photo op with Sean. =))
They went home at around 5:00pm. It's been like 3 years since their last visit. Sana maulit pa ulit ang mga kaganapang ito. =))