Saturday, April 9, 2011

Being an ALTAR KNIGHT

Hello to you!

Just because I am bored here in our house. LOLJK! I just want to share this overwhelming experience of mine, this experience of being an altar knight (sounds weirdo huh).

Anyway, I started being an altar knight (let's just put it this way, you can call our profession as an altar knight, an acolyte, a sacristan, an altar boy, or a GOOD BOY, yeah, izz the term. HAHA!) way back in my freshman years, I was recruited by Geoff (of course, he's a sacristan too) on august and I think that was a Wednesday. And the meeting is every Saturday (up until now, our weekly meeting is every Saturday). And going on, that Saturday went very well. I met the gang and their sacristan mayor as well, yeah, like the old times, he's Kuya Melchor. He instructed and taught us (oh btw, Geoff recruited not only me but my batchmate Aldous and I forgot his name, haha! (basta 3 or 4 kaming ni-recruit ni Geoff) the basics of serving. Genuflect, bowing of the head, hands closed with crossed thumb and maraming marami pa. He told us na mag-serve the day after today (sa madaling salita, kinabukasan nun. HAHA!)

And then Sunday came like WOOW! Just because we were called that time as "new aspirants", wala lang. HAHA! joke, we were dressed like a new aspirant talaga (we were not able to wear sutane pa kasi hindi pa kami invested, hihintayin pa namin ang investiture) white t-shirt tucked into our black trousers and shoes as well (feeling ko ang odlies because when I was a freshman and my height already that time was like 5'6 or 5'7 so #thatawkwardmoment talaga. haha!). I was able to remember, my service was a 5:15 pm mass and ang kasabay kong magserve, uhm, John Marlo and the other guy that was 1 foot taller than me pa (so tall, taller, tallest and labanan. xD). That serve was a success naman, They didn't allow me to do the hard moves but they taught me how to do well. =))

And so, months have passed. So far, so good ang performance ko. Hanggang mag November, Christ the King kung saan ako mai-invest. Fail ako that day because when nanay put the sutane on me. BITIN! as in bitin! idk why bitin, when I did the fitting, tama naman pero... NVM! haha!

And because of that failure, I wore different sutane from other people, but in our closet, I found this weird sutane that looks like santa's. HAHA! (just imagine the buttons of that sutane. xD) Well moving on. My life changed din the moment I entered the ministry, joined retreats and recollections I didn't experience aside from being a student and the level of discipline talaga is sooo. =))


I received distinct recognitions too! (yabangan na 'to!) I received an award called "the PHILOS Award", it is a part of what you call hierarchy of knights award and philos is the 5th. =)) Well cool for a newbie like me! I received that award december of my freshman year. Fresh na fresh pa talaga. Honor-all awardee for being active in my services, Outstanding Special Server (oh, that's another story). Nominated ata ako noon for being the 2nd highest award, Christophoros award ata. xD I became a part of the group called "Episcopal Servers". HAHA! This pic comprises the original members. =)) Things went so easy that time so arguments rose after the group was established.

Original Episcopal Servers, circa: Holy Week 2007

So far, so good. I ran for the '8-'10 Mas elections and fortunately became the Asst. Secretary of the ministry. But due to unevitable circumstances, before my term ended, I became pa the acting or the official Secretary because my master left his position. =(


Attended breathtaking retreats, unforgettable outings, outbounds and heart warming recollections to date, I can say that my MAS family izz the best among the rest! And until now, even though I'm in hiatus. I can still see and bond with them anytime! 




Parish Outings as well, (L-R: 2007 at Balanga, Bataan. 2008 at Zambales)




 Officers Planning (we're that organize you know! XD)


 Leadership Trainings and New Aspirant's pre-investiture period

random photo, circa 2007

Sto. Nino Festival 2009

Grand Marian Procession 2009 (sorry for my poise, pero knights na knights naman diba? XD)

New set of Episcopal Servers (now called special servers, may nawala, may napalitan)



 Bonding time with my co-altar knights.



 MAS Retreat circa 2009


And up until now. =') Friends parin, and we will be forever that way. =)

Young guys over there! You can join KOA, MAS, KOTA or whatever you call. Join this brotherhood because you will never experience this once you get old. Imagine that you're 45 and you're serving, of course you have to choose na to be a lay men na. And serving + friends = fun, fun, fun. And we, Knights of ICP always bear this saying "We are called to serve and not to be served" and always remember! "Once a knight, ALWAYS a knight" =')


Cheers,
Adrian


source: friendster pictures (LOL), kuya marc's facebook, my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...